WIKI LOVES MONUMENTS
Wiki Loves Monuments is an international photographic competition to document and promote historic sites around the world through Wikimedia projects (mainly Wikipedia and Wikimedia Commons). Everybody can participate.
This year Serbia is participating through the month of September. By sharing your photos under a free license, you help document our history and share it with the rest of the world to enjoy through the internet, and get a shot at winning a prize! We will explain below how to participate, what you can win and what monument sites are eligible.
If going out to photograph, be sure to 'take necessary health precautions and follow the guidance of national, and local officials, starting with the COVID-19 protection guide.
There are a few rules for photos to participate in Serbia contest.
- Photos must be your own work.
- Photos may have been taken at any time (including prior to this event), but must be uploaded during September 2022 to be included in the contest.
- During the upload process, you must release your photo under a free license that allows for re-use of the image (CC BY-SA license or similar)
- Photos must be uploaded through this link in order to be properly tagged for the contest
- The photo must feature a site that is identifiable and registered as a historical or cultural site by some authoritative organization (whether on the federal, tribal, state, or local levels). Examples would be the National Register of Historic Places or your local historical society. When you upload your work, be sure to provide the name of the historical site, any identifiers, and the list it is on.
- Digital manipulations must not deceive the viewer. Correcting flaws, some color adjustments, and other minor edits are acceptable.
Next to that, there are a few practical rules:
- You should have an activated e-mail address on Wikimedia Commons so that you can be contacted if you win.
- If the photo gets deleted for any reason, it is automatically disqualified from the competition.
- You are responsible for following the law while taking and uploading the photo.
Please, keep in mind very important rules, before you upload any photo. All photos have to be you own work. All photos will be checked and compared for any match with photos available all around the web. If some photo isn't your own work, it will be permanently deleted from Commons.
Judging and Prizes
Through the month of October, a jury from Serbia will go through and judge all photos to determine the top-10. The following criteria are used (in no particular order): Composition; Composition; Originality; Usefulness. The top-ten photos will all receive a certificate and be submitted to the international competition. Prizes: 1st 30,000 RSD; 2nd 20,000 and 3rd 10,000 RSD